Books & Study Materials
Required Reading (We recommend ordering on Amazon.com):
- E-book: Yoga Resource Practice Manual (all 11 chapters) by Darren Rhodes, 1st edition, Published by Yo Productions and Tirtha Studios (not the same as the hard copy)
- The Pure Heart of Yoga by Robert Butera
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
- Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
- Yoga Sutras by Patanjali (any translation, but we recommend Swami Satchidananda’s version)
- Key Muscles of Yoga and Key Poses of Yoga by Dr Ray Long (to be read before we have our Anatomy Weekend)
- Soaring Spirit Yoga Studio Teacher Training Manual (provided on program start date)
- A Journal, a simple set of colored pencils
- The Living Gita: The Complete Bhagavad Gita by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith (more about the chakras)
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles and Techniques by Mark Stephens
- Meditation for the Love of It by Sally Kempton
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- An anatomy coloring book may be a great learning tool to help with the learning process.
Other important links about Teacher Training:
- Main Teacher Training
- Schedule and Required Hours of Attendance – Coming Soon!
- Apply Here – Coming Soon!