Schedule and Required Hours of Attendance
(times, subjects and instructors are subject to change)
Friday evenings we meet from 5-9pm and will typically have an asana practice included. Saturdays we meet at 12:30 (after lunch) and have lecture, discussion and hands on practice. Typically we will end around 7:30pm. Sundays we meet at 9am for Nancy’s All Levels Vinyasa class and trainees are welcome to take the 10:30am Yin class afterwards. We reconvene at 12pm (there is no additional lunch break) and end around 6pm.
Tuition includes an unlimited class pass for the duration of the program with a minimum of 3 classes attended per week. 25 of those classes must be completed with a 200 E- RYT or higher in order to graduate!
** These classes must be attended at SSYS unless pre-approved by the Director.
Weekend #1: With Nancy and Kelley: Meet and greet, expectations and ethics, Be wide open like the sky. Your journey is your highest teacher. Your Dharma is to be exactly yourself.
- Friday September 6, 5-9pm
- Saturday September 7, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday September 8, 9:00am-6pm
Weekend #2: With Nancy, Kelley, Dr. Joe and Michelle: Alignment of standing & balancing poses, basic pranayama and meditation, bandhas and setting an intention for class. Anatomy of the Spine.
- Friday October 4, 5-9pm
- Saturday October 5, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday October 6, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #3: With Nancy, Kelley, Dr. Joe and Michelle: con’t alignment of standing and balancing poses. Satchidananda – the goal of teaching is to connect with alignment. The 8 limbs and history of Yoga. Anatomy of the lower body.
- Friday November 1, 5-9pm
- Saturday November 2, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday November 3, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #4: With Nancy and Kelley: Alignment of forward folds, backbends, twists to include modifications and assists. Mantra and 108. The power of storytelling and seeing your life. The Yoga Sutras.
- Friday December 13, 5-9pm
- Saturday December 14, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday December 15, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #5: With Nancy, Kelley and Leslie: Holding space and basic sequencing, alignment of inversions and arm balances. Chakras and Klesha. Self love, Compassion.
- Friday January 10, 5-9pm
- Saturday January 11, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday January 12, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #6: With Nancy, Kelley, Dr. Joe and Michelle: Restorative Yoga, Koshas, Anatomy of the upper body. Begin Mentoring process.
- Friday January 31, 5-9pm
- Saturday February 1, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday February 2, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #7: With Nancy and Kelley: Krama, Intelligence of Sequencing, continue mentoring and the art of assisting.
- Friday March 6, 5-9pm
- Saturday March 7, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday March 8, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #8: With Nancy, Kelley and Ileana: Ayurveda Overview, Yin, designing a full spectrum class, instructing prenatal and special populations overview.
- Friday April 3, 5-9pm
- Saturday April 4, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday April 5, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #9: With Nancy, Kelley and Marni: Ethics, Business of Yoga, Discussion of Final Exam, practice teaching
- Friday May 1, 5-9pm
- Saturday May 2, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday May 3, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #10: With Nancy and Kelley: Final Exam, Pot Luck & Graduation!
- Saturday June 13, 12:30-TBD
Director – Nancy Talley, 500 E-RYT
Lead Instructor, History & Philosophy – Kelley Daya Gallop, 500 RYT, RPYT
Anatomy and Physiology – Dr. Joseph Esposito, DC & Michelle Malo-Esposito, 500 E-RYT & Therapeutic Yoga Director at Life Wellness
Guest Instructor – Leslie Tomlinson, 200 E-RYT
Guest Instructor – Marni Sclaroff, MAT, 500 E-RYT
- $350 non-refundable deposit
- $2500 remainder of tuition
Cash, check, credit card and payment plan options.
* total program fee includes all training dates, a training manual and an unlimited class pass for the duration of YTT
**minimum of 25 hours of yoga class time with a key staff member 200 E-RYT or higher must be completed during program in order to complete 200 hour RYT requirements; additional hours of mentoring can be provided for an additional fee.
Other important links about Teacher Training: